Student visas are granted to people who wish to come to India and study at an officially recognized educational institution.
The main document required is student admission/registration papers from the institution. The provisional admission letter is compulsory before applying for a visa. You can surely contact the Nodal officer of "Study In Gujarat" of your University whose details have been provided on this website.
- Indian Missions/Posts grant a student visa for five years or for the duration of the course of study, whichever is less, to the below:
- To foreign students coming to India to pursue regular and full-time enrollment in any academic program
- For overseas students coming for Industrial Training, Summer Project and Internship
- Provisional student visa valid for six months for the students seeking admission or taking admission tests
- Applicant must possess the proof of admission to a full time regular academic course in a recognized institution in India and evidence of monetary backup.
- The applicant must possess a "No Objection Certificate" from the Ministry of Health in case of admission in the Medical or Para-medical course.
- Spouse and dependent family members accompanying the applicant must apply for an Entry Visa (Not Tourist Visa). Its termination date will coincide with the period of the principal visa holder.
- A student visa is issued up to five years, depending on the duration of the course.
- Passenger with a valid student visa can enter India from any desired port of immigration check post (Airport, Seaport).
- Visa fees for a student visa are different for all the countries. Generally, it ranges from $13 to $118.
- The visitors are required to fill online visa Application by visiting website http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/ and visit their nearest embassy with printout of the online filled application and required travel documents.
REGULATIONS REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGN NATIONAL
- Every foreigner visiting India on Student Visa(S) (including those coming for study, Research Visa(R), Medical Visa(M) or Medical Attendant (MED-X) Visa and Employment Visa(E) valid for more than 180 days is required to get himself/herself registered with concerned FRRO, within 14 days of his/her first arrival, irrespective of the duration of his / her stay. Even in other Visa types, if the Indian Visa has a stipulation/ observation/ Special endorsement for registration made by Indian Mission / Embassy on the Indian Visa and Employment, Medical, Medical Attendant Visas for less than 180 days, the foreigners are required to be registered
- Foreigners visiting India on other categories of long term Visa (valid for more than 180 days) including Business/Entry(X) / Journalist Visa would not require registration with the concerned FRRO if the duration of his/her stay does not exceed 180 days on a single visit. In case a foreigner intends to stay for more than 180 days on a single visit he/she should get himself registered well before the expiry of 180 days. Foreigners possessing tourist visas are required registration only if they re-enter within 60 days of the last departure and they are asked to register through special endorsement etc.
- Children below 16 years of age are exempt from Registration if they have entered on PIO card or any type of Visa and except where specified otherwise. It is mandatory for all foreigners to personally appear at the concerned FRRO office for obtaining any Visa related services.
- If at any time a foreigner proposes to be absent from his / her registered address for a continuous period of eight weeks or more or change his / her registered address then the foreigner is required to inform in person or through an authorized representative or by registered post to his / her Registration Officer of his / her intention to change his registered address or to leave either temporarily or permanently the jurisdiction of the Registration Officer. In case of a return, the foreigner should inform the Registration Officer of the date of return and in case the foreigner is moving away inform the change of address. Any changes made subsequently should also be intimated to the Registration Officer. Every foreigner, who stays for more than eight weeks at any place in any district other than the district in which his / her registered address is situated, shall inform the Registration Officer of that district of his / her presence. This can be made in writing and the requirements deemed to have been fulfilled if, before arrival, the foreigner furnishes to the Registration Officer of the said district intimating the dates of his proposed arrival and departure from the district.
- For more details, You may contact:https://indianfrro.gov.in/eservices/home.jsp
- Address: Barrack No. 2, First Floor, Govt. Polytechnic Campus, Ambawadi, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380015.
- Services from the comfort of your home.
- No need to visit FRRO/FRO office.
- Convenient and Time-Saving.
- Exclusive Dashboard for User-friendly experience.
- Online FRRO Service delivery mechanism without the requirement of visiting the FRRO/FRO office. No requirement of taking an appointment and visiting the FRRO/FRO office unless specifically called upon by the FRRO/FRO.
- Web-based applications aimed to build a centralised online platform for foreigners for visa-related services. Its key objective is to provide Faceless, Cashlessand Paperless services to foreigners with a user-friendly experience.
- Using this application, foreigners are required to create their USER-ID by registering themselves. Afterwards, they would apply online through registered user-id for various Visa and Immigration related services in India viz. Registration, Visa Extension, Visa Conversion, Exit Permit, etc, without any hassle and obtain the service(s) without coming to the FRRO office.
- The necessary immigration/Visa document e.g. Registration Permit/Certificate (RP/RC), Visa Extension Certificate, etc will be sent by post on the address mentioned. It would also be electronically sent to the foreigner to his registered email ID.
- Foreigners would not be required to mandatorily visit FRRO/FRO office for the grant of service. However, in certain exceptional cases, the foreigner will be intimated to visit the FRRO/FRO on the scheduled date and time for an interview.
- In the case of exigency, the foreigner can visit the FRRO/FRO office directly for a grant of service.